Thursday, March 29, 2012

First day on the job

I will be taking over for Jim Fuller, as the Register’s Yale football beat writer (yes, I know, big shoes to fill). I’ve been covering University of New Haven football for the last three years.
I made my first trip to the Ray Tompkins House Wednesday and enjoyed seeing all the books, trophies and photos from a program that has such a rich history.  I also sat down with head coach Tony Reno and chatted for a bit. There wasn’t much news to report after reading Jim Fuller’s story heading into the spring session. Yale opened spring practice Wednesday and the annual scrimmage will take place on April 21 at the Yale Bowl at 2 p.m.
Reno did explain there are four players competing for the QB job, the defensive line is inexperienced and the Bulldogs are pretty strong at wide receiver.
I will be heading down to practice tonight and will have some notes here on Friday.
Also worth noting, I was walking back to my car after meeting with Reno and found a bright yellow envelope on my windshield. Yes, it was my first parking ticket.
Welcome to Yale.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome, Chris.

12:03 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spring game is on April 21, not April 28

12:59 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Jim??

1:00 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yale website shows the Blue-White scrimmage being held on 4/21.

1:21 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we welcome you as well. You have a very important duty to perform for farflung Elis.

2:27 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll never live up to the legend of slim jim

3:58 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Chris. Thought the spring game was April 21st to culminate the Bulldog Days.

When you say four players competing for QB does that include the two incoming freshmen? And it looks like there are big backs and small backs on the roster and incoming. How will that work? 1st and 2nd down big backs and third down small backs? What say Coach Ciotti?

4:25 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home