Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another reported commitment

According to a Newark Star-Ledger blog, Bishop Ahr (N.J.) receiver/running back Roger Kilgore has committed to Yale.

A pretty interesting part of Kilgore's recruitment is he would like to play both football and basketball at Yale. I've heard of football/baseball and football/track athletes at Yale but playing football and going straight into basketball while carrying an Ivy League academic load is a pretty ambitious schedule.

Commitments this time of the year are worth reporting with the disclaimer that there is a whole bunch of i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed as Kilgore still has to go through the admissions process.

When you add in Kilgore being quoted as saying "I’m also keeping my options open. I’m making a verbal commitment to Yale, but if something comes along during basketball season, I will have to sit down and weigh all my options."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home