Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Tennessee linebacker latest reported Yale commitment

According to the Battle Ground Academy website, linebacker Blake Thomson has committed to Yale.

There will be an event at the school where five players, including Thomson, will be signing letters of intent. In Thomson's case, it will merely be a ceremonial move since Yale does not give out athletic scholarships.

Thomson was named to the Tennessee Sports Writers Association Division II-AA All-Star guard and was named the Division II-AA Defensive MVP as well as the Academic MVP.

In case you haven't noticed, I have stopped listing the number of players committed to Yale. This is not an accident. I've been getting comments on this blog saying that new Yale football coach Tony Reno is not honoring the promises to recruits made when Tom Williams was the head coach. I have asked the people making those claims to contact me directly at jfuller@nhregister.com but none have done so. I have reached out to all the recruits who committed to Yale before Reno was hired. I've heard back from all but four.

Of the 24 players I had listed as Yale commits before adding in Thomson, I can confirm that 21 of them are still committed to Yale. I've confirmed that Roger Kilgore, Ben Killion, Carl Kreitzberg, Pat McHugh, Matt Rubino and Tommy Undercuffler are still committed to the Bulldogs. Caleb Gilligan-Evans, a running back at Archbishop Stepinac, is meeting with Reno this weekend according to his high school coach Mike O'Donnell

"Caleb has been offered and did verbally commit to Yale in Dec.," O'Donnell said in an e-mail to me this morning. "We will know more after the meeting this weekend."

The status of Christian and Jackson Conway, running backs out of Bronxvlle (N.Y.) is to be determined.

There's an interesting entry on a blog at the Journal News website concerning the Conway brothers and Gilligan-Evans which casts doubt on the Conway brothers being at Yale in the fall.

I'll repeat my request when people have been posting comments to this blog about Yale failing to honor commitments to the players who were recruiting by Williams and his staff, send me an e-mail at jfuller@nhregister.com and I will investigate those claims. Posting anonymous comments to the blog ripping on Tony Reno and Yale is not accomplishing anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great post. This article is really informative. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing about Tennessee linebacker latest reported Yale commitment.
football news

9:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home